Administrative / Staff Opportunities
ECT Dispatcher (Extended Coverage Team – Nights & Weekends, El Paso, TX)
Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest privately-owned truckload carriers in the U.S. Since 1983, our success lies within our family-oriented team whose primary goal is to service our customers in a safe and profitable manner. Mesilla Valley Transportation (MVT) is experiencing rapid growth in our El Paso TX, Laredo TX, Denver CO, and Nashville TN, locations. We have an exciting and innovative culture that will give you the opportunity to build a career!
We encourage you to become part of one of the fastest growing transportation companies in the U.S. We offer dynamic and challenging opportunities to match your professional goals. If you are focused, assertive, goal-oriented individual with a strong customer service orientation, MVT is the right place for you!
Job Title: ECT Dispatcher (Extended Coverage Team – Nights & Weekends)
The ECT Dispatcher is responsible for supporting our operations team by supervising truck drivers during evening and weekend hours.
- Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-7:00pm
- Wednesday & Thursday 5:00pm- 4:00am
Key measures of success include:
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and Hours of Service is a plus!
- Handle a fast paced environment and develop a team-oriented mentality for success
- Maintain a high level of performance through constant movement and reconciliation of 1-3 fleets which consists of an average of 40 to 50 drivers per fleet
- Directing drivers and company resources to maximize their utilization
- Strong call handling performance as measured by the Call Availability Report (CAR)
- Demonstrate great customer service with drivers by building relationships with them to maximize their performance
- Work individually and within group efforts to resolve issues along with Customer Service teams
- Accurately enter information into company systems
- Be recognized by team, peers, and drivers as a key supporter
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of U.S. highway system and U.S. geography
- Basic knowledge of transportation systems and/or 1 year of experience in the transportation industry.
- Competent user of MS Office
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred knowledge of PC Miller and AS 400
The essential functions of this position require remaining in a seated position for extended periods of time, using hands and fingers to type and use telecommunication device, visual acuity to process and interpret computer display of information, strong verbal acumen, including the ability to express and/or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, coworkers, and public. Occasional lifting (maximum 15 lbs.), bending, reaching and/or kneeling.
MVT offers competitive compensation based on your experience, along with comprehensive Health and Welfare and 401k plans for full-time associates. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Location: 9525 Escobar Dr. El Paso, TX. 79907
A copy of your resume and letter of interest is required to apply for this position
Job Type: Full-time
- 401K retirement plan
- Cafeteria Plan
- Medical/Dental insurance available
- Optional family medical
To apply for an administrative or staff position please submit an updated resume and cover letter to our HR department.