Administrative / Staff Opportunities
Account Representative (El Paso, TX)
Mesilla Valley Transportation is one of the largest privately-owned truckload carriers in the U.S. Since 1983, our success lies within our family oriented team whose primary goal is to service our customers in a safe and profitable manner. Mesilla Valley Transportation (MVT) is experiencing rapid growth in our El Paso TX, Laredo TX, Denver CO, and Nashville TN locations. We have an exciting and innovative culture that will give you the opportunity to build a career!
We encourage you to become part of one of the fastest growing transportation companies in the U.S. We offer dynamic and challenging opportunities to match your professional goals. If you are focused, assertive, goal-oriented individual with a strong customer service orientation. MVT is the right place for you!
Job Title: Account Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Summary: The Account Representative is responsible for selecting and scheduling freight movement orders, while maintaining contract and rapport with a customer base, and striving to achieve exceptional customer service and corporate goals within the boundaries of the company policy.
- Must understand fundamental concepts of operations
- Accept load orders from customers and proceed to book them in the system
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
- Track and trace of shipments while on route.
- Monitoring of loads to ensure proactive communication on possible issues
- Soliciting loads when capacity is available
- Capability to handle a variety of tasks, work at a fast pace and manage stress during busy periods.
- Ability to work with customers in a professional manner
- Notify supervisor of potential customer service problems
- Meet schedules, carry out instructions and respond timely to customer requests
- Work with others as a team player with positive approach to problem-solving
- Must be rational, well organized, and attentive to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic knowledge of motor carrier operations and geography
- High School Diploma or GED
- Competent user of MS Office
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus
The essential functions of this position require remaining in a seated position for extended periods of time, using hands and fingers to type and use telecommunication devices, visual acuity to process and interpret computer display of information, strong verbal acumen, including the ability to express and/or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information to clients, co-workers, and public. Occasional lifting (maximum 15 lbs.), bending, reaching and/or kneeling.
MVT offers competitive compensation based on your experience, along with comprehensive Health and Welfare and 401k plans for full-time associates. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Location: 9525 Escobar Dr. El Paso, TX. 79907
A copy of your resume and letter of interest are required to apply for this position
Job Type: Full-time
- 401K retirement plan
- Cafeteria Plan
- Medical/Dental insurance available
- Optional family medical
To apply for an administrative or staff position please submit an updated resume and cover letter to our HR department.